Urban Development On The RiseEdit
Global Observer News
An expansive city bustling with millions of people, a state-of-the-art rail system and hundreds of skyscrapers. Urban housing and industrial complexes outline the downtown business district.
Episode: The Creeping Chaos (Stage 4)
Location: Metro City
Enviornmental Weapons / Attacks:
- Five parked fuel tankers. One roams level.
- Military choppers that patrol around skyscrapers and surrounding blocks will chip away at your health until they're eliminated.
- Skyscrapers take twelve dive attacks each to destroy. All pickups will drop to ground level.
See Map Notes for more info.
Destruction of Metro City will yield between 5,000-8,000 Battle Tokens.
- The level's opening scene is a nod to the 1967 Toho film King Kong Escapes, in which Kong is transported by helicopters, (though not in a cage or into battle.), and the 1957 Universal film The Deadly Mantis, in which the mutated insect terrorizes it's way across North America, climaxing in an attack on Washington D.C.
- Metro City is the largest level in the game.
- The military choppers are present in Adventure mode only.
- Level unavailable in 1 Player Endurance, 2 Player Elimination mode, and any Free-for-All match above two players.
- Metro City is also the name of the city from the old beat 'em up game Final Fight
|War of the Monsters|
|Locations|| Midtown Park | Gambler's Gulch | Rosdale Canyon | Metro City | Century Airfield | Atomic Island
Bay Town | Club Caldera | Tsunopolis | UFO | Capitol | Mini Bay Town | Volcano